Cumulus Harrisburg PA is looking for an experienced Promotions Director to lead and manage the promotions effort for a competitive, award-winning group of stations. Responsibilities include coordinating and implementing on-air and on-site promotions, and developing events in order to promote the stations’ image and presence in the community. This position requires a high degree of organizational skills, attention to detail, time management and a personal disposition that works well with creative co-workers in both programming and sales. Our local stations in the Harrisburg, PA area include WINK 104 (WNNK-FM) Harrisburg Best Music, 105.7 THE X (WQXA-FM) Rocks, HOT 106.7 (WWKL-FM) Today’s HOTTEST Hits, 93.5 NASH FM (WZCY-FM) Today’s Hit Country and CBS SPORTS RADIO 96.5-95.3-1400 (WHGB-AM) Harrisburg’s Sports Station and home to Penn State Sports, NFL and Harrisburg Senators Baseball.
- Create and execute promotional events and contests within departmental budget
- Coordinate the stations’ involvement in Cumulus National promotions
- Negotiate and purchase collateral and other promotional items
- Develop strategic relationships with entertainment and event venues to benefit the stations
- Work with local charities to the mutual benefit of the community, the charity and the stations
- Recruit, train and supervise the Part-Time Promotions Team
- Coordinate and draft sales and station promotions from conception to facilitation
- Contests, giveaways and on-site events and appearances including paid client events and charity endeavors
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations
- Understanding of stations’ programming strategies
- Social Media expertise
- Computer literacy in Adobe Photoshop Suite, Microsoft Office and vPromotions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience utilizing Social Media in a business environment
- Graphic design skills, video editing experience is a plus
- Problem-solving ability and skill in prioritizing projects
- Ability to interact with management, staff at all levels, listeners, and station advertisers.
- Ability to multi-task and handle pressures and deadlines
- Must possess valid state driver’s license
- Competitive Pay
- Focused, Responsible, Collaborative and Empowered Work Environment and Culture
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance Coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- 401k with Company Match
- Professional Growth and Career Advancement Opportunities
For immediate consideration, please complete the application process
A leader in the radio broadcasting industry, CUMULUS MEDIA (NASDAQ: CMLS) combines high-quality local programming with iconic, nationally syndicated media, sports and entertainment brands to deliver premium content choices to the more than 250 million people reached each month through its 428 owned-and-operated stations broadcasting in 87 U.S. media markets (including eight of the top 10), approximately 8,000 broadcast radio stations affiliated with its Westwood One network and numerous digital channels. Together, the Cumulus Radio Station Group and Westwood One platforms make CUMULUS MEDIA one of the few media companies that can provide advertisers with national reach and local impact. The Cumulus Radio Station Group and Westwood One are the exclusive radio broadcast partners to some of the largest brands in sports, entertainment, news, and talk, including the NFL, the NCAA, the Masters, the Olympics, the GRAMMYs, the Academy of Country Music Awards, the Billboard Music Awards, and more. Additionally, it is the nation’s leading provider of country music and lifestyle content through its NASH brand, which serves country fans nationwide through radio programming, exclusive digital content, and live events.
Cumulus is an Equal Opportunity Employer.